Ich Yellow Tang

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
Ok, got him out of the main tank and in a 2 1/2 g. my kids had around. I added fomolin {sp} and an air tube. I will mix up a little water later and do a change.

Any advice? I'd like to save this guy. It's on my 6 line wrasse too, but I cant catch him right now.

Well he was on his side and not swimming, now he's up and swimming and looking for food. Does the meds work quick or am I just too hopefull?

Nope, dead this morning. By the time I can catch a sick fish it's usually to late. But thanks. At least he wasn't expensive.

sorry to hear about your loss. but a 2.5 gal tank is more stressfull than the ich is. next time get a qt tank and qt all new fish in copper for 4 weeks before you put them in the dt tank.

I just went to the fish store, he said his died too, bad batch, gonna get me a new one. I can set up a 5 or 10 g tank for qt, wich one is better? And Daugherty, what happened to your avatar that I like so much?

Unless the fish was copper treated at the LFS prior to you buying it, you can assume that all fish come with ich.

I would not try to quarantine a tang in a 2.5 or even 10 gallon tank. Way too stressful. Usually if the fish is still eating, they will fight it off on their own just fine.

sorry for your loss.

In the main tank, if you ever see a fish with ich, first watch its behavior and see if the fish is eating. If eating, that means the fish could get thru this on its own. If not eating, remove it, give it a fresh water dip, and put it in a copper QT. After that, all you can do is hope for the best and just watch the water quality in QT.

Back