???ich???

andersoned14

Reefing newb
I think my kole tang had ich, it turn powder white and lost most of it purple color and started getting spots on it's fins, so I got my QT up to par to transfer it over and was ready to move the fish took another look and he is purple again and no spots. Is it possible that he recovered by itself or should I move it and med.??? Just thinking the move might stress him out and bring it back so I would gain anything. I did add a uv light right away once he lost his color, been running for 48hrs. Please give me your opinon what to do. Thanks Sorry no pic of fish when it was bad but could take one now and post if this would help.

Well from what I've learned from people here that if a fish is eating a lot, then they can fight the ich and get over it (they will always have ich, but they will be able to handle it better with each outbreak...usually). But if it went away overnight....I'm not sure if that happens. I'm sure someone here will have insight.

color faded and then got spots and now he is regaining his color he is not as bright as he use to be but no more spots about a week for color changes and spots around 72hrs. the uv has been on for almost 48hrs now it is a 25w bulb on a 90gal tank

Try adding garlic to your food just to boost up his system. If it gets any worse put him in the QT. But if it does have a disease then something is causing it and you need to find out.

Sounds like he was stressed out. He is new to your tank? Tangs get stressed in new environments very easily. Like Wonton said if he is eating chances are he is fine and will be fine. Usually when a fish stops eating it's time to worry.

Update on the tang-- I couldn't catch him very easily--- big supprise right. So instead of stressing both of us out he is still in the tank. I haven't seen any spots for two days and his purple color come back when I feed them or move things by the tank. Now I wonder if the purple is some kind of defense for him to blend in with the LR?? Any thoughts on this??

Back