Ick or Bubbles?

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
I was looking at my tank today and i thought i saw white spots on my coral beauty and when i looked closer, i saw that all fish had little white specks on them. they are REALLY REALLY tiny though and later in the day it looked like some of them went away.

My skimmer makes a LOT of micro bubbles, is it possible for bubbles to stick to fish?

I was looking at my tank today and i thought i saw white spots on my coral beauty and when i looked closer, i saw that all fish had little white specks on them. they are REALLY REALLY tiny though and later in the day it looked like some of them went away.

My skimmer makes a LOT of micro bubbles, is it possible for bubbles to stick to fish?
It is possible, but I would lean towards ick IMO. Check there fins. Its usually easier to see ick on there fins because the fins are more transparent then the body. Either way, i would try to get rid of the micro bubbles coming off your skimmer. It is not good for the fish, or your tank.

I'd say that one could go either way.
Could be ick.But if the bubbles are sticking to the fish,then there getting into the fishes gills,and that could be fatal.The fish cant breath with bubbles in their gills.

i tried to fix my bubble problem with a piece of filter from my old fiter i had for my 10gal but it backed up the water and almost overflowed my skimmer... i dunno how else to fix it.

What is causing the bubbles the skimmer probably is the prob? Post some pics of the prob so someone can tell you how to fix it. If it is ich do not put a copper product in your display tank you will never be able to keep certain fish like puffers. I have always done freshwater dips, but some people say it only kills the parasite on the skin and not interenally. I would try it since you are not sure what it is. Put the fish in a container which is comfortable for them and adjust the temp prior to doing this then put your fish in. Keep an eye on them about a half hour is usually about right, but sit the fish where you can see them if it is ich the white spots will pop and if it is air it will go away or move once it is in the dip.

What is causing the bubbles the skimmer probably is the prob? Post some pics of the prob so someone can tell you how to fix it. If it is ich do not put a copper product in your display tank you will never be able to keep certain fish like puffers. I have always done freshwater dips, but some people say it only kills the parasite on the skin and not interenally. I would try it since you are not sure what it is. Put the fish in a container which is comfortable for them and adjust the temp prior to doing this then put your fish in. Keep an eye on them about a half hour is usually about right, but sit the fish where you can see them if it is ich the white spots will pop and if it is air it will go away or move once it is in the dip.

the fish will be fine in copper it is inverts that it will kill (coral nems crabs snails. some fish like tangs are sensitive to copper if left in it for a long period of time)

the fish will be fine in copper it is inverts that it will kill (coral nems crabs snails. some fish like tangs are sensitive to copper if left in it for a long period of time)
Im pretty sure puffers are sensitive to copper as well I have been on saltwaterfish.com/forums. Everyone over there says use copper on a tank and don't plan on keeping puffers because it soaks into the silicone.

Im pretty sure puffers are sensitive to copper as well I have been on saltwaterfish.com/forums. Everyone over there says use copper on a tank and don't plan on keeping puffers because it soaks into the silicone.

they may be sensitive to it also but a regular qt time will not harm them and thank that has copper used in it as a med should never be used as a dt after so unless to keep a fish or inverts that are sensitive to copper in that tank you will be fine

Back