ID please

Joeysmissy

Reefing newb
Just got this coral from my LFS. The man that works there says that it is a plate coral but I searched for pics and it does not look like any of them. Sorry the pic looks so crappy.

cff10fa8.jpg

It's a brown or orange cap. With proper light they're easy to maintain and grow relatively quickly compared to other coral.

it seems orange so i guess its a orange cap..so is it suppose to grow like a vase? The guy at the LFS said I am suppose to feed it directly. Is this right? and does anyone know what to feed it?

Last edited:
it seems orange so i guess its a orange cap..so is it suppose to grow like a vase? The guy at the LFS said I am suppose to feed it directly. Is this right? and does anyone know what to feed it?

The guy at the LFS should be selling puppies instead of coral. He obviously knows zero.

LOL..I have never seen him working there before so he might have been new..Thank you for the help..I had a feeling he didn't know what he was talking about.

Don't you know, you should always make them feed the SPS corals in front of you before you buy, that way you know it's healthy and eating.

Back