id the crabs on the volcano,,,,

i want to know the crabs on the volcano...can i have some in my tank..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2dTLgXddU&feature=related]YouTube - Volcano Tank 112109[/ame]

I only saw one crab and it looked like an Emerald crab. Ive personally never had much luck with them but I don't see why you couldn't keep them.

i took my trigger back to the store because he wasnt eating right...i have a pork pine puffer..but the doesnt go for crabs or hermit crabs...he did go for a shrimp..a cleaner...i want a cleaner ..but my puffer is mean....all i have right now is 3 p clowns...long nose...rigo tang...and the cleaning crew...

Nice setup, but it's more of a tidepool setup....I'm glad he got rid of a couple of his tangs :shock: This tank just seemed too shallow for the larger fish...poor guys swim across the water, but have to keep from bobbing too high up or down...I mean, it's only a 4' x 2' x 1' tank. I felt cramped just watching it!

Love how the crabs climb out of the tank though...that's cool.

I was reading his tank build thread on the other forums and he says this about the crabs

My over-all design came about as I wanted to house coastal type crabs that spend 50% of their time outside the water. I wanted to keep the rock wet to help simulate their natural environment, and I had no intent to simulate tides, so a waterfall type situation was my choice.

I dont think they will do well in your reef since they need to be outside of water sometimes.

Last edited:
The only things that should really be in a tank with seahorses are pipefish or mandarins. Anything else regardless of aggressiveness are just too active to be in with seahorses.

Back