Id this crab!!!

LOL dood....did you go to your photobucket page? There's something that may be NSFW (no matter to me since I work from home :P)

Sorry...dunno what that crab is. I hope she didn't get it! LOL

I'm no expert, but that looks to me like the very rare black thong-red lace bra crab!!! If it bothers you I will gladly adopt her! I'll even pick her up and buy her diner! Do you have any other shots of that crab? I need more pictures for a proper ID......

Always that's too funny. :lol: Something for everyone.....................

The crab looks like a Hawaiian Strawberry Crab only in a brown color. Has it bothered any of your corals? The Strawberry crab I had was reef safe as far as I know.

There is really no brown at all in it, its deep and light purple. The picture might not have did its beautiful color any justice. It does have black claws tho..

I just looked up the hawaiin strawberry crab and all of them are red colors so can this just be a purple hawaiin strawberry crab?

Last edited:
I had one just like it. It would use small corals and snail shells to make it's burrow. I lost a lot of snails and zoo frags to that bastard, I would get it out asap.

I've been looking up these strawberry crabs online and they all have white spots on their bodies. My crab doesnt have the hairy legs and seems to be more thick. Any other suggestions of what it could be? Also, I haven't found any strawberry crabs that aren't red or a close shade of red...

Thats called a sexy

oooppppps back to crab:mrgreen:
I have no idea what kind of crab it is.But look at the tips of its pinchers.If their sharp and pointed,its going to be a problem.Sharp and pointed claws indicate a predator.
If their rounded and cup shaped,its an omnivore and is semi-safe.

Back