ID this monti?

I can't seem to find an ID for this one....anyone?:Cheers: Its a light green/tan base with blueish/purpleish polyps.

idkmonti.jpg

I actually have a larger colony of that piece about 3 by 2 inches. The more nutrients you have in your water the browner the base becomes and the less nutrients the yellower it is. the polyps are either purple or blue depending on the lighting. My cousins are blue while mine are purple.

I have a cap like that...I got it from greg hiller at a frag swap...he called it a flower petal cap. Judging from that pic that isn't a cap, but regardless it looks sweet.

Here's my little frag when I first got it, the polyps are much more purple than this
DSC_0041_02.jpg

I don't know what it is but I have decided I like montis! Awesome

Ha ha, the last 2 months ive been on a collecting spree...mostly encrusting monti's....im gunna see if i can try and make some sort of hybrid....but they prolly will jus go to war and kill each other....i have 11 diff monti's now....lol:mrgreen:

Thanks for everyones help!

with your lighting im guessing it COULD be m. Peltiformis but thats just a guess off the top of my head. ill do some more looking and see if i can track it down for you. google image that one thought and tell me what you think

Last edited:
with your lighting im guessing it COULD be m. Peltiformis but thats just a guess off the top of my head. ill do some more looking and see if i can track it down for you. google image that one thought and tell me what you think

Yea it looks exactly like that......however....the frag did get knocked down into my reef so this picture that i did take was mere mintues after i put it back up....give it a couple weeks and see if the base changes any....Thanks Alexander.:Cheers:

Back