id this please

starlite101

Reefing newb
I have this in my tank and dont know what it is.
strange.jpg

from the picture it appears to be a nudibranch. which one hard to say. also hard to say if it is safe or not. it you see it eating algae, might be ok but to be on the safe side if you cannot identify it as an algae eater it should be removed. it should hang around its food source. good luck.

I take back my last post!! he he he, does it move about like a nudi??? that is an odd looking buggar, not like any nudi I have ever seen. looks like a cross between a stomatella and a nudi.

if you touch the open part of him he all closes up. but when i went to look for him this morning he cant be found. I dont wanna move the lr around to see where he went to. i have a little one that looks just like him but he really hasn moved much. he came with some lr i added .. he is a strange looking little thing.

Can you pet him? He's pretty Cute! IF hes not a danger or a nusance or a big multiplyer i would keep him..... do you have any corals in the tank? :mrgreen:

no coral, just live rock, and 4 Damsels. and finding little crabs and snails that were hitch hikers, found a mantis shrimp going to try to get him out. is there a good way to catch him?

your mantis will be tricky to catch, they are soo dang smart. ifyou know the rock he hides in you can take it out and squirt fresh water in there and see if that gets him out. and your crabs I would also think about getting them out as well. they are probably gorilla crabs and they are nasty little buggars.

Back