I'm a newbie: Hi!

drsteven23

Reefing newb
Getting back into the hobby from about ten years ago with a new tank which is about 3-weeks old. Has about 50 lbs of live rock & I'm using Microbacter7 every other day for past two weeks. My water tests are still showing 0 on every scale. Temperature is stable at 79F, specific gravity at 22, & pH @8. I introduced a yellow tail damsel recently with a banded cardinal fish. The damsel didn't make it :( but the cardinal is doing well. Do I still have new tank syndrome??:frustrat: I've turned to the experts for help!

Glad to be a new member!

Drsteven23

Welcome to the site!

How did you acclimate your damsel? They're usually very hardy. Hopefully your tank missed a cycle because you put in live rock and didn't have any die-off. It could also have just been one of those unexplained deaths. I'd wait for a few more weeks, monitoring your levels, before buying any new fish.

howdy and welcome to the site.. :D
If the cardinal continues to do well and your levels stay in check it may have been nothing you did which caused it..

Well I'm using a technique from freshmarine.com placing in small amounts (1/4 cup) of my tank water into the bag every 4-5 mins for over an hour or until the majority of the water is mine. I try to go slowly thru the process.

Using a technique from freshmarine.com placing about 1/4 cup of my tank water into the bag every 4-5 mis for 60 mins. I go as slow as possible. Should I change anything?

Back