I'm an idiot

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
I'm doing a water change today. Decided to give my fuge a much needed scrubbing. I've got a typical fuge set up...Well the baffle separating the inlet and the fuge area was coming loose so I removed it...

Well when I did that I released a bunch of detritus and muck in the sump....I emptied the area as much as I could and diluted it as much as I could.

But now that I refilled the tank the water is cloudy. It's not mucky and it's clearing up. I put in some filter pads in the sump to stop as much as I can from getting in the Display.

the fish seem to be acting normal and I'm making another 30g of water right now, and I'm gonna do another water change just to be safe.

What a moron..Why do I have to monkey with shit? Stick to the routine dumbass.

D'ya think I should run some carbon for a couple of days?

Don't beat yourself up over it, we've all made mistakes...as long as you've learned from it. It wouldn't hurt to run some carbon for a few days. Doing another water change is what all of us would do in that situation and is probably the best route to go. Keep us updated. :)

:+1 Smitty
It aint like the rest of us hadnt done stuff like that before.:ugh:
Just do the water change as planned and siphon up as much of the detritus as possible.All the little filter feeders should take care of the rest.

Back