I'm back

Wes888

Reef enthusiast
I've finally getting back to taking care of my tank regularly now. Did some big water change a month ago. Suck out almost the entire sand surface that looked so bad. And then did some small water change over the pass few weekends. Finally removed the abandoned algae scrubber tank yesterday.

My Quiet One 14000 pump had a crack at the output area and it has been working probably at its 50% capacity. I've ordered a new one to replace it. When it comes, I'm going to completely clean up the sump, and all the water in it. Got lot of plans in my mind. I think I'm back. :)

Thank you. :)

Did you get the pumps repaired? The 14000 cost over $300... or $400? They better somehow repair it.

Much better now. No more episodes. I always wear gloves as well. I'm sure that is the biggest and easiest thing to do to avoid any problem.

My replacement pump is here and I have it installed today. Guess what my tank gave me as a welcome back gift? A Flood!! :grumble: I forgot to adjust the siphon rate of the overflow back to 100% output of my pump...

Like Yote said, If you aint floodin,you aint reefin. I'm "officially" back to reefing.

A quick recap... just some allergic reaction made me so itchy that I would scratch my own skin and fresh out, like those in the horror movie. After a few episodes, I kinda have some phobia to the salt water and the tank. I couldn't even get near it.

I just got a compliment from my wife (who doesn't usually care about the fish tanks), "Now this is more like the fish tank I see from other places".

A month of recovery work finally pay off. :D

welcome back.

i have never had a reaction to the water but have been thinking about getting gloves just because you never know what will happen.

glad to see you recovered well

Back