Im back

wolfie357

Reefing newb
Well I returned from a trip to costa rica to find one of my two ballasts blew along with a bulb and I now officially have an aiptasia emergency. I bombed the tank with ten peppermint shrimp and Im gonna inject the monsters by hand. I also noticed that alot of my gsp's look dead, they havent opened for along time and I sometimes see bristle worms peeking out from under the purple matt. I realize thats their jjob, to clean up but how possible is it that these bristles are killing my polyps as apposed to them being there because the polyps are already dead.I find plenty of things to read about this topic but I trust the experience of my freinds in the living reef. CHEERS!:Cheers:

Welcome back! Do what you can taking care of that aiptasia. It's a tough road, but they can be eliminated! I don't think the bristleworms are killing your GSP. It's probably something else. How are your water parameters checking out?

Welcome back to the forum. I would guess it's not Bristle Worms that are causing the problem as well. Aiptasia thrive in nutrient abundant water and too much can lead to poor water quality. Check your water quality; that's probably why your GSP aren't opening.

thats why I can't figure it out. I still have a few sections that look and act normal. There are areas that looked like that three months ago and now nothing but purple inactive mat. Added a arrow crab today just to keep the bristles population from going crazy. We shall see!:frustrat:

Well, as soon as I started injecting the biggest aiptasia off of my gsp's they were starting to open within an hour or so. Got my ballast in so I have a complete lighting system. I hope the peppermint shrimp help with the tiny ones I cant inject. Arrow crab seems well and hasn't bothered anything yet. Almost frag time!!!

Back