I'm hooked

Justin33

Reefing newb
Hi all,
New to this site, and to salt water. I have been running a 30 gal cichlids tank for a few years now and am getting ready to set up a 55 reef tank. I have been completely obsessed with the concept for about two months now and can't wait to start my build. I have purposely put off starting so I can gather as much info as possible before I make any mistakes. The people on this forum are great, and provide a wealth of knowledge that is unsurpased in the industry. I will be starting a build in a couple weeks, and will be sure to ask plenty of questions, and post plenty of pics
Thank you all for the weeks of staying up all night to read your input.

Hello and Welcome to the site!

And we are so excited you have decided to take up this addiction, so ask any questions you might have and we will help you get your dream tank going!

Hello and Welcome to the site!

And we are so excited you have decided to take up this addiction, so ask any questions you might have and we will help you get your dream tank going!

Hello and welcome. Very smart way to start out your 55. I on the other hand jumped in head first on a 28 gal cube. but thanks to the folks here all is well! Good luck, you are in good hands. Pics,pics,pics.....:Cheers:

hello welcome just a thought 55 gallons is a great volume for stability.But a standard 55 is a very hard tank for reefing.as far as lighting and flow patterns as its a tall 21 inches tank narrow tank12.5 inches wide.for a few dollars more a 65 gallon is easier to set up more room for your reef and easier to light being only 17 inches tall
just my opinion but i started out decades ago with twin fifty fives and was never real happy with them. again just my opinion.but really glad you have come to this site its really one of the best on the web for saltwater noobies

Already got the 55 and my plan is that if all goes well in a year or so, I'll use it as a sump for a larger system. One thing at a time though.
I did just make a great buy last night on 100 pounds of live rock that has been cooking for a week. Plan on keeping it cooking till I have everything else ready to go.

Back