I'm stumped

Rob M

Reefing newb
Thought it was an aiptasia until I removed and looked further. It looks like it has a head with antenea but body is branchy. Any ideas
image.jpg
image.jpg

It is moving around a lot. Looked at pictures of nudibranches and yes must be one of them but not sure what kind. Are they generally good or bad? I see people buy them but some say they are bad. Any idea?

All nudi are predacious just usually species specific ones that prey on zoanthids won't go for acros or montis.
Are you running a sump? You could keep it in your sump and get a LR with some aiptasia on it and see if it eats it.

I do have a sump but luckily I do not know of any aiptasia in my tank (knock in wood).i can put him in sump for now to hold him if advisable.

That is exactly what I will do. i have been looking at pictures of both types and really can"t tell the difference. Much easier to introduce a Berghia in future, if needed, then to remove infestation of Monti eaters. Thank you all, love this hobby, constantly learning

The good thing about Nudis, if you can call it that, is that they are usually selective eaters. They only eat one kind of food. For example, they eat montis. If you don't have any montis in your tank, then the nudis will all starve. They won't go and eat your zoas.

Sorry for the late reply, I agree with everyone also, its bad news from all I know, they will take over your tank and feed on your corals. They try and hide and mimic other corals, and then move around and eat stuff. Flush it and watch your tank closely for signs that no more have shown up.

Back