Impulse Buy

finestbeast

Reefing newb
I was rather pissed off last week due to crap and work and issues with my neighbor selling his house so I made an impulse buy...and so far its worked out...its a leather...looks healthy (been a week)...a pic is below...I promise im waiting to add another coral until august...

Attachments

• treecoral.jpg
    treecoral.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 339
thats a nice little softy. watch though. some of them spread by dropping branches. just like dropping leaves. if you have one of them, they can spread all over your tank. if its not one of the ones that sheds you usually get a nice big coral pretty quick.

That's a Devil's Hand, VERY hardy when they arrive in good shape or are captive propagated. Psst, I test my tanks with leather corals, just don't add 11ty billion pieces until you're sure everything's good to go. ;)

Ive moved it a few times trying to make it happy...it would partly open...I think its in a good spot now...I believe the previous spot it was getting too much lighting...looks healthy and happy now...

Just noticed today...looks like i got a bonus two duster worm things attached to the coral...kinda cool looking even if theyre small

I have a bunch of little red hard tube dusters on a piece of Tonga rock, they're pretty neat. Devil's hand corals can be problematic at times. they like light, just not too much light. They also like strong flow. When I put the Jebao wavemakers on, they were in 7th heaven.

Back