Impulsive Fish Purchase

noy

Reefing newb
I was doing a bit of an overhaul as I replaced my return pump, cleaned out my sump/skimmer and all the different reactors. I noticed my biopellets turned black and had to drive to my LFS to pick some up. So while i'm there I noticed this little guy. He was the last one left in a shipment and the last one in the store. At the price I was offered - I had to buy him. I had always meant to buy a clown trigger but AFTER I had set up a predator tank. Well, I had to set up a rush quarantine tank. Now I need to set up a bigger makeshift temporary tank until I get the pred tank set up.
He is still a baby at under 2". Very alert and very responsive to people in the room. Is it worth it - heck yes!!! love the little guy!

IMG_1218.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG

Ahh that dreaded store visit where you go "Me wanty" I've done that a few times more than I care to admit. In fact, to the point where I ended up having three tanks set up "incase" I had an impulse lol.

Also, be careful when doing stuff around the tank. I had a Bursa Trigger I was trying to sell for a while, and I went to catch another fish out of the tank he was in, and he jumped out and bit me on the wrist. He was only like 2.5-3", but it still hurt like hell.

I feed him pe Mysis using metal tongs. Sometimes he clamps onto the tongs and you can just feel how much force he can apply. A friend was tapping on the glass with her finger and he lunged at her finger - gave her a big scare!
He is very responsive to people around the tank - tons of personality. Fast becoming a favorite.
Just got a 60 gallon cube to keep him for a while until i'm ready for the predator tank build.

Clown Triggers are one of the hardest fish for me to walk away from at my LFS. Someday I will get my big tank set up and it will be mine!

Congrats, looks like a great fish!

Back