instant nitrate reduction

bobby

I like to do bad things.
what is instant nitrate reduction it is mentioned in the helpfull articals and says it uses less time and water so was just wondering what exactly it is

Which article were you in?. Nitrates can be reduced quickly by large water changes, nitrate sponges, etc, however, once reduced the remaining nitrates in the substrait and rocks, etc. will tend to leach out for some time, so, expect the nitrates to rebound to some extend. in order to get them down and keep um down you have to determine what is driving them up. let me know which article you were in and Ill see if I can better explain the article.

the artical was one you wrote called got brown algae and was wondering what the instant nitrate reduction method was in case i do have a problem my nitrate stay steady with normal water changes they are at about 5 to 10 ppm but havnt went higher since i lowered them for 40 ppm about 1 1/2 months ago

The instant nitrate reduction method is nothing more than any procedure that reduces the nitrates immediately such as water changes, however, remember what I said in my previous post it is only initially temporary until excess nitrates complete the leaching out process, so successive or ongoing water changes are needed to the extent it does not affect the animals. If you are taking out more nitrates than are being put in or produced in the system then the level will decrease. hope this explains it. nothing majical, sorry for the poor working, it was a bit misleading. Ill have to fix it 1st chance I get. thanks for the question.

Back