interesting new find

Things like this are interesting, but I think most of us would find the job of a biologist to be a bit on the boring side. They typically do a lot of paperwork. It's kind of like policemen (yeah, women too), the ones I have talked to spend more time filling out paperwork than chasing the bad guys. Any thoughts from Biff on this?

I dont feel so bad now:mrgreen:First time I saw coral at the LFS,I thought they were fake.

Funny ... and now I don't feel quite like such an idiot :D.

This is what gets me captivated with this hobby. There is so much to learn, so many details to consider, it makes it very cool. I had a guy at my last military duty tell me I was a strange man for enjoying reefing. I couldn't argue with him, but love it anyway.

Things like this are interesting, but I think most of us would find the job of a biologist to be a bit on the boring side. They typically do a lot of paperwork. It's kind of like policemen (yeah, women too), the ones I have talked to spend more time filling out paperwork than chasing the bad guys. Any thoughts from Biff on this?

Well, not "paperwork" per se, but a lot of writing reports and reading other people's work (research). I'm really lucky that in my particular job I'm not stuck behind a desk all day. I'd say my time is spend 50/50 between field work (outdoors, mostly) and office work. The office work is basically writing up the report for whatever it was I did in the field. Although at time is frustrating... For example, today I spent 6 hours on paperwork for sending samples to a lab for just ONE JOB I'm working on. That's not the fieldwork or the writing of the report, that's 6 hours of paperwork just to mail the stuff!!

Back