Intro clown two...

twps

Reefing newb
I added a pair of clowns last weekend, which has sparked a whole other thread (ich) Through this ordeal I've lost one of the clowns. I want to eventually have a pair of ocellaris clowns, but only have one now. I did read somewhere that I should add the new one immediately. I want to get over this ich outbreak first, so I'm not planning on adding any fish for at least 10 weeks at this point. Good idea or bad to wait to introduce another clown?

Where did you read to add a new one imediatly? First Ive heard of it. Also, I would make sure your fish is clear of ick. Treat it and get it healthy. Adding a new fish is stressful to your whole tank. You want to make sure that the fish will be able to handle the stress.

Also, when you add it, make sure it is either smaller or bigger than the current one. It helps them figure out dominance.

I read that online somewhere to replace them immediately. Obviously, I want to clear this ich problem before I add anything else. That's hard to do, considering there is a good sale this weekend at my LFS. I'm staying away, far away!

Add them both to the DT at once,The DT won't be home to either one of them. I did that and had pretty good luck. As Yote would say you have a 50/50 chance

just make sure they're different sizes. I had one medium sized clown for over a year, and got a small one and added it to the DT with no problems at all. Now they're as thick as thieves.

Personally, I don't think it matters when you add a second clown...so I would definitely wait until you get your tank settled. When you do add the second one, make certain it's a tiny one...or chances are good you'll have some domestic violence. :shock:

Back