Is it safe to add corals and fish in cloudy water?

sakie

Reefing newb
Hi guys,

Yesterday, I change out my substance and put in live sand. I kept the old water from my previous tank so I could add it back after I'm done. Today, the cloudiness kind of subside but the water still look milky/cloudy. Is it safe to put my corals and fish back into the tank and run my sump? Setup is a 65g tall with 20g sump. Please, any tips from you guys would be helpful. Thanks.

Sakie

Thanks guys. As ya advices, I'm filling up the water and running my sump right now. It's all so cloudy and milky. I haven't turn on the protein skimmer yet, should I do that? I did put some live rock (that doesn't have any corals on it) into the tank so it can feed the sand quicker. I hope that doesn't do any harm to the water.

*sigh
Not sure what's causes it but my Protein Skimmer is toasted. The pump overheat and blown. Water is in between cloudy and clear at the moment. 1 fish died but water parameter is in good condition, double check with store on the reading parameter. Is Octopus Skimmer good? NB110 model..I believe.

Back