Is my lighting system good enough for corals?

joey.skeen

Reefing newb
Can't tell if my lighting is good enough to take care of my corals and take good care of them...not just good enough. Here's some pics of the box:

Attachments

• IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 365
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 330
You could probably keep low to mid light corals under that... Is it T5?

No offense, but how can you make a statement and then follow it up with "Is it T5"? That makes no sense.

Going out on a limb here and saying that they are Power Compact, do to the 65 watt rating on the bulbs. IMO, you are better off looking for a decent 4-6 bulb T5 fixture new or used. You corals, even the low light demanding ones like shrooms, and zoas will suffer over time.

No offense, but how can you make a statement and then follow it up with "Is it T5"? That makes no sense.

Going out on a limb here and saying that they are Power Compact, do to the 65 watt rating on the bulbs. IMO, you are better off looking for a decent 4-6 bulb T5 fixture new or used. You corals, even the low light demanding ones like shrooms, and zoas will suffer over time.

I searched it and got results for the Current Orbit fixtures, but those are two bulb and that's why I asked.

Back