Is This an Acceptable Light for a Reef?

Shep

Reefing newb
Hey

So how does this like look for a reef tank?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Dimmable-Aquarium-Seaweed-TT-AL09/dp/B0092LXQRM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=11PVIIZUY8L0R&coliid=IQHOCTYN17XC3]Amazon.com: TaoTronics 120w Dimmable Led Aquarium Lights Aquarium Hoods Led Reef Light for Coral Fish Seaweed TT-AL09(3w/Led, Blue/White Ratio- 28:27; Two-Year Warranty): Pet Supplies[/ame]

I have one on my 65g. Do an advanced search for 120w and you will find a lot of people running them including a product review. I picked mine up on Ebay for less same light without the Taotronics name. They are even cheaper now. Look at my tank thread and you can see how I mounted mine a little different than most.

Thanks, I just searched around the site and found a bunch of people talking about them. They seem to be pretty good lights for their price.

You ought to check out who services the warrantee. A lot have to be shipped to China. Also, you can get a Full Spectrum, dual dimmer light just like it for $179 shipped from Connecticut and with him providing the 2 year in-states Warantee himself. See his website at Reefbreeders.com

I have 2 over my 120 In-Wall insanity and don't regret the choice in any way.

Back