Lighting upgrade

Aquarian

Reef pro
I'm thinking of upgrading my lights to either a DSunY utc2 rcp or a reef breeders photon24

Is the photon 24 too much light for a 36 bow front ?
reefbreeders

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Programmable-Intelligent-Lighting-Moonlights-Aquarium/dp/B00CE3L0UK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_2]Amazon.com: DSunY® Programmable Intelligent LED Lighting System Plus Moonlights for Aquarium/Reef SPS/LPS/ Soft Corals, 50x2 Watt Dimmable, 168W Output, 48-Inch: Pet Supplies[/ame]

It shouldn't be too much if you dim it right. But before you buy that one, talk to the guys that run ReefBreeders and se if you might want the value fixture instead. Mitch said that he was recommended that over their more expensive models.

It shouldn't be too much if you dim it right. But before you buy that one, talk to the guys that run ReefBreeders and se if you might want the value fixture instead. Mitch said that he was recommended that over their more expensive models.

The value fixture will be dark on the outer 6 inches of my tank sides. Also I will be upgrading my tank in the next year and I want to have a light that can transfer to it.

what are the dimensions on the 36 bow front?

i have a IT2060 on my 46 bowfront, too!

i actually run the group buys for last year or so on all the evergrow fixtures for my local club. shoot me a PM if you need help picking the right one out as i have lots of experience with them and layouts and even if you want to get in on a group buy if it helps when you're ready. there's lots of options out there so take your time and figure out what might work best for you and your future set up, too.

what are the dimensions on the 36 bow front?

i have a IT2060 on my 46 bowfront, too!

i actually run the group buys for last year or so on all the evergrow fixtures for my local club. shoot me a PM if you need help picking the right one out as i have lots of experience with them and layouts and even if you want to get in on a group buy if it helps when you're ready. there's lots of options out there so take your time and figure out what might work best for you and your future set up, too.

The dimensions are. 30x15x28. And the tank I'm planing on is a 96" a 240 or 300. I want to keep some tangs,clams and carpet anemone

oh then yeah, a IT2060 would work awesome. then when you upgrade you can run it narrow-wise in a pair in between bracing which is what most folks that get them in my groupbuys with 300s (dd) do. or just sell the light, and go with the more affordable d120s since they can be controlled with an apex easily enough and any evergrow fixture has incredible resale and interest right now.

Ok so I like the it2060 it has all the features I want and it's linkable which is nice for the future tank. I was told that bridge lux doesn't make a 3w led and that when I see that listed its a Chinese knockoff. Is there any truth in that?

Back