Is this over the limit?

I dont know tons but i would say your at your limit. the whole 1:8 to 1:10 ratio. u seem to have a colorful group also. Any pics?

Will take any advice, here are the pic. You will see my recovery from the Algae attack lol but the cuc and blenny did the job.

Attachments

• DSCN0582.jpg
    DSCN0582.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN0597.jpg
    DSCN0597.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCN0584.jpg
    DSCN0584.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN0592.jpg
    DSCN0592.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN0596.jpg
    DSCN0596.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN0599.jpg
    DSCN0599.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN0580.jpg
    DSCN0580.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
If you have algae issues, adding another fish is the last thing you want to do because you will only add more waste to the water which become more algae fuel. I would also reach in there and pull out as much as you can by hand.

whats the purple stuff?

Ahh that is my main problem, my daughters waited for me to get out of the house then they took some of the freshwater tank decor that was still in its pack, and threw it in their cause purple is their fav color. Now the real problem is every time i try to take them out, they start crying and say daddy is selfish cause he wont share the tank and sharing is everything. But i will win this one, cause every other day i take one out when they are in bed.

And to Little-Fish, I am not getting a new fish. Just wanted to make sure i was not on overkill. The sally lightfoot was the first in there and i was worried it will do the murders but so far he been keeping his nose clean.

It's only a matter of time before the sally lightfoot goes nuts on your fish. They are mean!! I had two that killed nearly half a dozen fish before I was able to catch them.

your shrimps crabs and snails dont add to the bioload thus dont count when asking about limit,

most people will say you are over your limit

i myself am probably one of the biggest rule breakers when it come to this

i have 1 clown , firefish , a goby AND blenny in my 29, just be very careful that nothing is stressed , but technically (by the book ) yes you are at your limit

Just wanted to ask how shrimp, crabs, and snails don't add to the bioload? Maybe there is something I am missing but don't they consume food as well? Doesn't the food that they consume then get converted to waste? Wouldn't this waste then contribute to the bioload of the tank? I know that you generally don't factor them in when figuring you stocking limit but I would have to assume they still contribute at least a very little to the bioload. But like I said I may be missing something.

Theyre called a "clean up crew" for a reason...
I get that they are a "clean up crew" but they are also a living thing that consumes food and therefore has to create some amount of waste right? Like I said, unless I am missing something major they poop too thus adding at least a very little to the bioload. I know they are a clean up crew in the sense that they clean up unwanted algae, keep the sand bed stirred up and stuff like that. Even if they were 100% efficient at eating all the fish poop they still eat algae and other detritus creating additional waste.

Last edited:
Now the real problem is every time i try to take them out, they start crying and say daddy is selfish cause he wont share the tank and sharing is everything. But i will win this one, cause every other day i take one out when they are in bed.

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAA Sucker!!! My kids ain't allowed to TOUCH my tank without me there, let alone put anything in it! :mrgreen:

Back