is this worth anything

I don't know anything about those, but for the price, it's probably shit. Remember, you get what you pay for :). Why don't you take a look at aquatraders.com, they have a hang on tank refugium with built in protein skimmer. One or two people on the forum here has it and says it works pretty well.

I bought that exact one when I started. Its terrible. It didn't pull out much of anything. I was able to salvage the pump for my water change tank. Take a look on youtube to see some skimmers in action.

haha, I have that one... in 2 months I've gotten MAYBE an inch in that cup. But I also run a carbon filter 24/7. Not sure if its just because the carbon is sucking most of the crap out of the water or not. But I'm not willing to find out, my tank is doing fine so far. I will prolly end up using it just for the pump also =P

Edit: Actually mine is the other model they make. But same price I would assume same results.

While shopping for anything reef related or not, I would steer away from anything that doesn't say who manufactures it or the name brand.

Back