it worked!!!

RigoSharon

LIVING REEFS INTERN
i did the moonligth as jonh and bobby posted..it worked!!!
DSC02850.JPG

also i covered the base of the ligth with reflecting metal adhesive..like the ones used to detailing..
DSC02849.JPG

as you can see it gave me more watts of ligth..it looks brigther!!!
DSC02841.JPG

finally i do somting that works!!!:^:

Looks great. Do you have any picks or specs on the light? Looks alot brighter than mine. What voltage is it?

Wow! That looks good and bright, mine are 12 v and not that bright but then again maybe its because of the plastic cover on mine. Cant wait to see the night pics. You did a great job.

what ii mean is that i covered the inner side of the canopy that holds the main ligth with reflecting metalic adhesive the same that is used for detailing cars..it helps my coralife ligth in reflecting more ligth into the tank..as you can see in the pic of my tank, it looks brigther..pardon my english!!

A lot of the brightness with leds can depend on the bulb itself.I dont know the reason for it,but ive noticed it in my flashlight.Not all bulb are created equal.

Oh ok I didnt read that part. That looks real good I saw the reflector and thought it was made like that. I couldnt tell it was reflective tape. Great job on that too.

*edit didnt see your thread a little further down

All I can think is you got regular LED's and rigo got super bright LED's it makes a huge differance

Brian

Wow! That looks good and bright, mine are 12 v and not that bright but then again maybe its because of the plastic cover on mine. Cant wait to see the night pics. You did a great job.

If you are using a cell phone charger, it isnt putting out enough voltage to run the LED at a bright level. So if you happen to have a 12v power supply laying around using that would help out a lot. Since Rigo used a 5v LED, it is getting closer to what it wants to run so it will run pretty bright. A 12v LED is getting less than half of what it wants so it is running at less than half its brightness.

Brian

Last edited:
I'm using a 12v power wheels charger. I hooked up one light at first and it works just as bright with one as it does with 5. I think it just the light I got the one I'm using is in a plastic case and I think it blocks most of the light. I added 2 more to make 5 and I'll see if it helps, but I gotta wait till tonight to find out.

well ..i turned it on tonigth but it wasnt to brigth enough..i guess i need at least 2 more..but it was fun...im gonna add them as soon as posible:-)

ii bought red leds today..with a multy volts charger..to add them to my tank...i blew them..i was gonna try them ..the charger was fix to 12 volts..the leds wer 4.5 volts ..so when i connected them to the energy outlet...fizzzzzzzzzz...well we learn that way!!....i guess i should check first in what volts are the charger before conecting it to the outlet..:-(

Rigo
Try a mix of blues and whites.If you'll notice the light of a full moon,its more of bluish white.

Back