It's Finally Time!

Paligues

Reefing newb
Well guys, after a long over due waiting period to make sure all my levels are perfect, getting into a habit of doing water changes and getting all the proper quailty equipment into my possesion, it is time to add the first fish! So I went to the LFS yesterday and realized that even after all the long hours of research, the trials I have gone through (setting up the tank, then moving the tank to my new place, then setting it up again ect.) and all the knowledge you amazing people have bestowed upon me, I have no clue where to start :P

Damnsels - Damn is in there for a reason from what I hear. However, they are cheap and very hardy! Thoughts?

Clowns - Amazingly cool fish and really cute according to my fiance. Hardy? Not quite sure about that, and several different kinds to choose from. ???

Blennies - Easy when it comes to diet and need lots of places to hide out. Rather inexpensive as well. ???

Globies - Relatively small and another cool little fish. ???

Shrimp - Not a fish :-? but essencial part of aquarium life from what I understand. ???

Hawkfish - Recommended to me by a seasoned reefer, and said to be highly personable, however this fish may have a possibility of munching on my clean up crew. ???

I am quite excited to get things rocking in my tank and would buy them all if I didn't already know that was a horrible idea :P. I would like everybody's advice as I am trying to achieve a reef system. So please guys, I beg you all to HELP ME..........

I would definitely stay away from damsels, they're very aggressive fish an could cause problems down the road with other fish you add to your tank. Clowns are a very hardy beginner fish. However are actually in the damsel family so you can have some of the same aggression problems. Ocellaris clowns are probably the least aggressive you'll find and good reef inhabitants. Blennies and gobies are also good reef inhabitants and fun fish to watch.

IMO Clowns are the best beginner fish followed by gobies. May want to wait a bit before introducing shrimp they tend to be a little more sensitive.

You can add any of those fish that you like :) (Although I don't recommend damsels)

The my flamehawk has some good personality, they like to perch on ledges.

Ditto what everyone else said.
No damsels. Go with the false percula/ocellaris clown. They're from the damsel family but much better personalities. Pretty hardy too. Will possibly host to other corals too, like frogspawn or torch corals, so don't be tempted to put an anemone in that new of a tank. They do great with nothing to host to also.

Next I would do a goby or a blenny. They can have awesome personalities and are fun to watch.

Damnsels - Damn is in there for a reason from what I hear. However, they are cheap and very hardy! Thoughts?

Exactly why I would skip them altogether

Clowns - Amazingly cool fish and really cute according to my fiance. Hardy? Not quite sure about that, and several different kinds to choose from. ???

Easy fish-They can be pretty aggressive too.Personally I would add them last because of aggressiveness.They are in the same family as damsels after all.

Blennies - Easy when it comes to diet and need lots of places to hide out. Rather inexpensive as well. ???

Easy fish,most are herbivores that adapt to being omnivores.Comical personality that makes up for the lack of bright colorations

Globies - Relatively small and another cool little fish. ???

Easy,can jump so a tight fitting top or mesh/eggcrette is needed.They may fight with blennies because the shape is similar

Shrimp - Not a fish :-? but essencial part of aquarium life from what I understand. ???

Sure,skunk cleaner shrimps,sexy shrimps,fire shrimps,porcelain crabs to name just a few.adds diversity.

Hawkfish - Recommended to me by a seasoned reefer, and said to be highly personable, however this fish may have a possibility of munching on my clean up crew. ???

Yes,and small fish too!Dartfishes are one more type of fish suited to your size aquarium too.

Back