I've ordered my Tank!

Wildo ... with probably another million annoying newbie questions! Went to thwe library today and got a few more books out to read through.

Looks like you have a good start and enjoy your new rewarding hobby.Looking forward to seeing you progress.new tank are sooo much fun. :D :^:

chris said:
Thats ok, put the water and salt in asap with the filter and let that water start to age! o0o

I would do that however I can't afford an RO unit so I really need an alternative to an RO unit, can anyone recommend any tap water conditioners ... I've seen one which works on a cartridge system but people are saying they aren't that good and you only get 20 gallons per £20 (~$35) cartridge making them very expensive

Test your tap water first. If nitrate levels are very low you probably will be ok, most likely your going to have to add something to get the PH & Alk to the right spot anyways, usually your calcium supplement will do this as a side benefit. I use Aaraga milk daily for calcium and buffering.

I will test it at the weekend - However what about the presence of Chlorine I've heard tap water sometimes contains this and can kill fish and corals

you will need to find out how much(test) phosphates are in your water as well.Extra phosphates give unwanted algae blooms.Maybe a local fish store could test this for you as you butter them up for future purchases.There are water conditioners that remove clorine and other nasties.I like Seachem Prime Kordon or you could use Amquel+ Plus

Back