JAF's 125 reef in progress

I transferred everything over from my 55 gal 2 weeks ago. I took pictures while setting it up but then accidentally deleted the pictures (doh!) so I have a few that I took today. Since I bought everything ready to go there wasn't anything that interesting anyway. Although the plumbing took some time. I decided to go with the clear tubing for most of it. My boyfriend helped out a lot, since just tightening everything was challenging for me (I guess I have a weak grip). You can see the entire tank and sump system in the pic below. I still need to organize and mount the power strips.

125017.jpg

I know it's important not to have microbubbles going back to the tank, and I'm not sure if I have that under control or not. You can see there's a bubble trap before the return section but it looks like a few may be going through that. I was using a filter sock and there weren't many then but I took it off because it smelled so bad (I think from stuff getting stirred up from the move) and I couldn't clean it very well and it seems like a hassle to use them so I threw it away and 'll just be good about siphoning the bottom of the sump every week. Anyway, how do I know if I have a microbubble problem?

It's the 6 foot long size - 72x18x20. I like the idea that I can reach everything I need to in the tank without using a stepstool :)

I kind of wish I'd gone this route instead of the 90 that's nearly as tall as I am. I have become very good friends with my stepstool. But OTOH, I can't deny that I got a KILLER deal on my tank, so I guess I have nothing to whine about. I really like where you're going so far, so I will be watching to see where you go next!

Thanks everyone. I think this tank is big enough for me now. I didn't even have my 55 gal for a year before I had this irresistable urge to go bigger.
I got some really nice rocks from marcorocks.com. I got a 50 pound box and was surprised at how nice and large they were. You can see the ones that are still white are the marco rocks. All the other ones are the ones I had in the 55.
I can't wait to add my fish. I have 6 fish being treated for ich in QT while leaving the new tank fallow.

Thanks! I have more pics to add since I finally got my canopy on (long story - the builder built it wrong and we had to fix it ourselves - the disadvantage of ordering online for a cheap price instead of a local store where you can take it back). And my new LEDs installed in the canopy.

125037.jpg

For the LED fixtures I got, they recommended three of them for a 6 foot long tank. Each fixture is 24" wide so three would cover the whole tank. I decided to just try two and put them in the middle. So there's about 8 inches on either side where it's a little darker but I just figure I won't put any corals there. I think it looks bright enough. Each fixture is 92 watts. These are the Ecoxotic Panarama Pro fixtures.

Back