JBJ 28 Gallon Nano center refugium question

KatiB

Reefing newb
Ok, I know several people use their center section of this tank as a refugium. Soooo My question is HOW exactly are you setting it up? Is the filter basket used, put aside....etc....?

I know the basics, LR rubble + Macro Alge & Refuge light....but not sure on the technical aspect of how it is done in this tank....

Help and specifics would be much appreciated.

Thank you !!

Hey Kati, typically you will have 3 chamber's #1 from main #2 THROUGH fuge and #3 in the "sump" or return to main. there are normally baffle's in between for micro bubble's and such . check this again in like an hour and I will post a pic .I just upgraded from a 55 to a 90 friday and I will post a pic or 2 so you can get the just of it.I live in the cape so let me know how I can help...

Yea! I like learning new things. :) I figure what I can learn now will help me know what I need to upgrade later.

Check out that picture again that I posted in your welcome thread. It has the macroalgae in the center chamber of the basket, and the LR in the bottom chamber. Then, in the two chambers next to it, you have your heater and skimmer. And of course your return pumps on the outside.

Check out that picture again that I posted in your welcome thread. It has the macroalgae in the center chamber of the basket, and the LR in the bottom chamber. Then, in the two chambers next to it, you have your heater and skimmer. And of course your return pumps on the outside.

Yep....and I emailed the guy there and already got an answer on the basket as well. That is what I am gonna set up for right now. :)

And any info I can get here on how one works overall....is gonna be fantastic coz I know I am already eyeballing my poor fish in the 55 gallon FW asking if they want a new tank. :D:D (It only has about 25 gallon stock in it.)

:D Ebil I am!!

As I said pic's

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 5,321
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,164
  • sump 2.jpg
    sump 2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 10,117
Yep....and I emailed the guy there and already got an answer on the basket as well. That is what I am gonna set up for right now. :)

And any info I can get here on how one works overall....is gonna be fantastic coz I know I am already eyeballing my poor fish in the 55 gallon FW asking if they want a new tank. :D:D (It only has about 25 gallon stock in it.)

:D Ebil I am!!

I think the basket works great, with the original, most of the water flowing in just passed right over the basket and didn't get filtered at all. But, now it all passes through where the macro will be. Are you already planning on upgrading?? HAHAHA

Back