JNS Alpha 2

I havent heard much about that particular reactor, I just took my second reactor offline last night because I can't get a decent tumble through a reactor for bio pellets. I've tried the modified Phosban Reactor and the Hydra Aquatics reactors myself. I did notice a difference in my nitrates with using them, but I've also been dealing with some GHA and cyano as well. I think I ramped up to the maximum dose of pellets too quickly.

It's a little more on the expensive side, but I am thinking about the Reef Dynamics reactor if I decide to continue with pellets

The sad thing is, I've already spent more than what that reactor costs in the multiple reactors and different pumps to try and get them running correctly

Yeah when I was at the frag swap I saw several people had these on their tanks. Their pellets were flying, I might try it out.

That's just it, you don't want 'flying' pellets. You want a very slow tumble, just enough to keep all the pellets from moving. My problem was even on full boil, I always had issues with the pellets on the bottom going anerobic, you'll know that's the case when they turn a grayish/black color. At that point, they start producing some sort of sulpur (i forget what, sulfur dioxide I think) which can cause a crash in your tank (similar to stirring up a big DSB)

Well I'm thinking also of the reef octo space saver with the pump built in. Guess I need to do some more research.

Back