Jumpers

Eggcrate. Found in the lighting section of Home Depot or Lowe's. Cut it to fit the top of your tank. Helps to keep the water oxygenated and lets all the light through too.

glass tops here. there are a lot of glass top haters out there though. i keep it real in my house 68 degrees at all times, so i can assure you that heat is no issue here

I want to use egg-crate but I am kind of worried, I am looking into getting a carpenter wrasse but I heard they can even jump out of that.

I'm currently topless too.:bounce: just kidding. But with the heat I'm terrified of coming home to a tank of horror and ammonia. It's starting to cool off though, (hopefully) so the glass will be going back on.

just get a better air conditioner and you will be just fine. 68 degrees year round Is where its at. and of course I'm talking house temp not water temp :eek:

i had the redish ones. i really like the purple ones. how many do you have. just a pair?

I have a pair.They share the same hole in the rock when the lights are out .When the lights are on,they don't want anything to do with one another.I think its better to have 3 or more.

I have a pair.They share the same hole in the rock when the lights are out .When the lights are on,they don't want anything to do with one another.I think its better to have 3 or more.

i was under the asumption that firefish buried themselves at night or is it that ifthey have a big enough burrow that they dont do that

i dont have them anymore. they were the first fish i got when i started the hobby and as all of us were and some of us still are, i got impatient. bought them way too soon.... they lived 3 days haha

Back