Jus had to buy one.

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I was visiting my LFS with no agenda (always a bad idea for me) and I found two corals. I want to see if all you smart people can figure out which is which just from the closed up pics. One is super easy (SPS) and the other, not so much. Good luck at guessing.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

PB010002.jpg

now for the tough one

PB010001.jpg

I don't even know what the first is.Maybe some kind of branching porite coral.
The second is deflated,looks like a wall bubble or fox coral.

Congrats non the less.

hmmm. So far, none right (unless the LFS labeled the wrong SPS). The SPS is orange and came out just before the lights went out. The LPS did not open much. Keep guessing.

I knew the first couldn't be a digitata,to obvious.Is it a Seriatopora(nickname birdsnest).

the second isn't a bubble or fox?Wall Hammer,perhaps

It could be a birdsnest.Its plenty skinny,one of the branch is kinda pointy too.The reason its not pointy because it doesn't have any new growth.

OK. I will cave....Reef is closest on the Second, It is a fox coral. I got it for $35 bucks. I saw one in an earlier post, and I just had to buy one. It is orange and green, I have never seen one quite like it. It is pretty decent size as well. Kudos to Reef for that guess. I am going to make you keep guessing on the SPS.

it was reef at the beginning. He gets the credit, but I will play this game again, just for you.

Stylophora-if it isn't that I give up!

For winning I'll take a gift certificate from Dr. Fosters,you should have my address still,right?

yes I do still have your address. I kept your return address after you sent me that lovely card with the pics of Biff ( thank you BTW, they have been really useful). I wll see about sending you a gift card. Do they make them in dominations of :twocents:?

Back