just brought home new tank!! question about lights

okay we're getting rid of the crab. He tried to eat our shrimp last night. My boyfriend chased it back with a tooth brush.

Hahaha! Sorry, that's kind of funny.

You should feed the damsel once a day. As for the corals, it depends. Some corals need food, some don't, some just grow bigger and faster if fed. What kind of corals are there?

Hahaha! Sorry, that's kind of funny.

lol yeah it kinda is. We've decided to give it to my boyfriend's 10 year old brother. We'll just put him in a 5 gallon tank. What do those guys eat (aside from our shrimp) to stay alive? He's gonna be a cool pet for a 10 year old boy.

You should feed the damsel once a day. As for the corals, it depends. Some corals need food, some don't, some just grow bigger and faster if fed. What kind of corals are there?

Once a day!!!! The guy said he fed it once a week. oh man, i gotta go feed him now

We have red mushroom coral and a flat round coral with feathery tubes that come out of it when it's open. :S I'll post pics, that should help :P

Our shrimp molted last night, it was quite entertaining. We showed a friend our tank for the first time and he goes, "hey, you have two shrimp." We were like no, but then holy crap there were two shrimps there! It took a moment before we realized that one was just his old skin. and then the gorilla crab ran out and ate the old skin. i tell you, there isn't a dull moment in there!

Last edited:
Yes, they should be fine. You may hardly ever see the peppermint though, they are nocturnal and like to hang out beneath overhangs or in caves.

That's okay, we just wanna get rid of the aiptasia. We bought some joe's juice but we can't reach all of the spots where the aiptasia is growing.

UPDATE! We got our gorilla crab out! And wow is the 10 year old boy who got him ever excited. =)

Sorry we haven't posted pictures yet. My camera cord is at my parents house. =P

We're wanting to get a new coral today. We have red mushroom coral and a cup coral. It has the red sea max t5 lights and we have a coral banded shrimp.

What type of coral are easy, hardy, look nice and will work with what we have?

Really, any soft corals will be very hardy ... Zoas, ricordeas, or leathers. Or you can try an LPS as well like hammers or frogspawn.

Back