just got a 37 gallon cube tank

hart.thomas

Reefing newb
I first want to say thanks to everyone for the help. I know my last post was about a 90 gallon but the guy was wrong about the dimensions and so I didn't buy it. But I didn't get a good deal on a 37 gallon cube tank. It's 20x18x25. I just bought a 18-24" marineland led reef capable light. I want to get a protein skinner but not sure which one.

What protein skimmer should I get? Oh and I only have one small powerhead right now. Should I buy another one and have one on each side? Also right now we have 2 clown fish one Orange one black. A coral beauty. A Cordy anemone. And a red thorny starfish. We did have a coral banded shrimp but I kinda killed it when moving rocks around it was super sad. The coral beauty I think was paired with him and after he died the coral beauty was nudging him trying to get him to move :-( the sadest thing I've ever seen a fish do.

So basically what all do I need?

Congrats on the new tank...I have a 37 gal cube tank also. If you're gonna do a hob skimmer, then the octopus and aqua c remora are good brands. Yeah, you should get another powerhead for the tank. I'd remove the starfish, because it's not reef or invert safe. Sorry to hear about your shrimp.

ill be watching the classifieds and craigslist for a skimmer. and will the light i bought work for this tank? cause i just saw a Coralife 24 Inch 08604 Aqualight T5 at the lfs for 180.00 buts its 24" wide and the tank is only 20" wide

photostream

photostream

photostream

this is the tank im starting up and the sand i just bought. should i mix up the sand or one before the other? also can i just put the sand and the water in and when it settles just move everything over? if not what do i need to do?

Back