just need to rant

biodarwin

Reefing newb
My clowns are driving me NUTS. They keep wanting to dig out caves underneath the rocks in the front of my tank. I just went up to my tank and my Trachyphyllia was pretty much covered in sand. At this point I am not sure what to do. I do not have a lot of area on the sand that is not covered by rocks so I have a pretty limited area. The 55 just isn't that deep from front to back.

Anyways just needed to rant. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

I HATE clowns. But then again, I wouldn't have a tank without one, lol.

It's a love/hate relationship. They do the dumbest things, hense the name.

Can't you attach the frags getting covered to a rock? My clowns are doing the same thing and I glued a couple frags so they don't get covered anymore.

You cant glue a Trachyphyllia to a rock. When it opens up its flesh would get damaged on the rocks. They definitely need to be on the substrate.

Good enough reason.LOL Never owned one before. Isn't there a rock or skeletal base to it?

Good enough reason.LOL Never owned one before. Isn't there a rock or skeletal base to it?

Skeleton base. One way to tell the difference between a Wellso and Trach is by looking at the bottom of it. Trachs are concave for substrate, Wellso's are flat and normally found on rocks.

I had a Seba Clown that was bad about fanning the sand.I think they do it just because they know they can get away with it.

Back