Just some conclusions anyone want to reply?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I was reading up on a lot of things on Nitrates and this is what I have come up with.

My tank is on starting its 9th week of cycle, I know that is insane and yes the LFS matched my numbers.

I was reading that Nitrate while toxic to fish that even at a level of 50ppm the fish can still live in it while not the healthiest lives but can still live. 100PPM is still liveable but probably not long till death. They say 25PPM is the highest you can really let it be and the fish will still be ok.

It goes on to mention how your tank needs the Nitrates but since it uses them they stay low.

Here is the link. it is a few years old but it made me realize my high Nitrates are probably due to having so many critters in my tank and that my cycle is probably over in the sense that it has cycled as it should have. I do have a lot of things in the tank that have been alive for the last 7 weeks.

Nitrates! Joe Jaworski’s Weblog

I was also interested in using this product AZNO3 to just get rid of the Nitrates once and for all and I have found many good things said about it from this article and many other posts.

I also was looking to buy this Auto Top Off | Aquarium Supplies | PetSolutions

This way I can go on a vacation and not have to find someone to come to my house but I recently put in 2 Damsels, a Dominoe and the Blue and yellow and would think 4 days with no food may be bad. I was thinking I could hang a piece of squid from the crossbar on a clip for them and also feed them flake the day I leave.

I read they can be fed every other day so flake in the morning and hang the squid piece and they can eat it whenever for a day or two.

Anyone have any thoughts to share.

I was reading about that and a lot of people said the Cope Pods were down and their Chaeto was slow to grow but I don't plan to use it for ever just to drop the Nates.

I don't have Pods growing I don't think. I have 160 pounds of rock and never see much just a lot of things popping in and out skimming the water.

What do you think about the feeding idea and the Auto Top Off.

For feeding, it depends on how long you will be away. The best solution is to have a friend come over and feed them. They do not need to be fed every day. If you will be gone for a few days, the fish will be fine. You said it'd be for 4 days, and I think they'd be fine for that amount of time.

As for the ATO, they are great. Really really useful.

Well I can feed the friday morn even though I do it at night and then I will be back monday so it is really 2 solid days but my sump is an everyday chore so I am buying a auto filler for those days and I can slap my whisper pump in my homer 5 gallon and just leave the cabinet open for that but I want to get the system and have it tested and ready

Back