Keeping corals without fish

pujan96

Reefing newb
I was wondering if i could keep corals in an aquarium without the fish, just the corals, and what would i need to achive this, as in what equipment?

You could do that, but never underestimate the power of fish poop to provide nutrients the corals need to grow.

But you would set the tank up exactly like any other reef tank, just no fish.

There really is no one size fits all answer to your question. Are you familiar with aquariums at all? Saltwater?

Go get yourself a copy of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner, it will give you a total run down of a saltwater system

Welcome to the site...you can check out the articles on the right side of the home page. There's lots of useful info there that may help you.

pujan , first and foremost welcome to the site, as to your question yes there is a way to keep only corals , we had an old old member here a lonbg time ago thats what he had , since he is no longer a member its gonna be hard for me to find(or remeber) the name ill try so you can read his thread , very interesting and smart guy

maybe biff or yote or someone else may remeber his name , it was that guy form alaska , idk if yall remember , if i recall correctly he used to say fish were filthy and he only maintained Coral only tanks

pujan , first and foremost welcome to the site, as to your question yes there is a way to keep only corals , we had an old old member here a lonbg time ago thats what he had , since he is no longer a member its gonna be hard for me to find(or remeber) the name ill try so you can read his thread , very interesting and smart guy

maybe biff or yote or someone else may remeber his name , it was that guy form alaska , idk if yall remember , if i recall correctly he used to say fish were filthy and he only maintained Coral only tanks

Fatman was the man name , couldnt find any info on his tank thought sry

now that i think about it he reminded me of Sheldon Cooper lol anywho

sry man good luck thought

Hi Poujan, Sure you can keep corals only. Almost all the info on this site will be relevant anyhow. What sort of corals are you most interested in softies or hard corals?

Hi
I'm a newbie
I just finished cycling my tank like to get corals I've T5 lighting ,power heads, heter lots of live rock ,live sand ,skimmer u can see my tank pic just want easy corals for a begginer Does anyone have any recommendations ,Thanks

There are lots of easy corals, but what kind of lighting you have will determine what you can keep.

I would highly suggest starting your own thread, that way you can get more views and responses!

Back