Kenya Tree? Maybe?

Ashna

Reefing newb
was thinking about gettin a couple frags of these, im researching theses right now before i make my final call, anyone else have one of these?

I started with one when I bought my full setup and now I've got 3 large ones and over a dozen babies that dropped off. In my experience, they're the hardiest coral in my tank and spread very quickly, which is nice when you're trying to fill a tank!

They grow and spread quickly. If you have a large tank like I do, its nice because it fills up some space. But you will need to start trimming or pulling out the little off shoots eventually. If that isnt an issue - I say go for it

They grow and spread quickly. If you have a large tank like I do, its nice because it fills up some space. But you will need to start trimming or pulling out the little off shoots eventually. If that isnt an issue - I say go for it
+1. They literally grow like a weed, and do not need prestine water conditions to grow.

I would avoid them because they grow like a weed. They take over so quickly, and once that happens, they are very difficult to kill. I consider them more of a pest than anything else. My LFSs won't even accept them for credit, and you can't give them away for free at my reefing clubs.

Adding a kenya tree was actually the biggest regret I had for my 240 gallon tank. They ended up taking over every single rock and killing all the other corals I had (along with the majanos). :grumble:

Well, you did say you struggled to fill that tank biff :D At least that saved you some money hehe

i was thinking about adding one to my tank,my LFS is always looking for more corals lol,my LFS never has the kenya tree,so i cant even get one unless i order it

If you do plan on getting one, might I suggest the Green Kenya. And if that is not the coral for you, which it isn't for alot of people, might I suggest the Colt Coral. Better looking coral if you ask me.

+1 Reef Nutz.

*Green nepthea... Those are much better than kenya trees. Prettier, and not as prolific breeders. Same with the colt corals.

Back