Kevin's 8 Gallon Biocube

imamkevin

Reefing newb
Kevin's 8 Gallon Biocube

Well I picked up my biocube 8g yesterday. Too bad the guy didnt mention some minor defects of the tank...

While I got it for 60$, one of the ballasts was out, so theres another 35$ already spotted for the tank. Hopefully get that in soon, luckily the other works so I'm still able to run my new 10000k lights. Just not actinics until the new ballast comes in.... It took a bit of cleaning as well, the guy I bought this from clearly didn't know much of what he was doing. He threw in the anemone he had and one rock that was in the tank, as well as a few frags. The frags I might be able to save, I'll be taking them down to my brother (rwynn) here in a few days for his tank.

But, after a while of cleaning and getting it all back together with the appropriate-ness of what it should be. Its not a bad little deal

I forgot about taking pictures until after I had started cleaning, which is probably a good thing anyways haha. Anywho, here we go:

firstpic.jpg

setup.jpg

fullroom7-24-10.jpg

I now have 2 nice rocks from my brother in there, I'll be picking up another to finish the scaping I want tomorrow.

I did take some tests today, it seems I've already got a little bit of ammonia (0.25) starting up. Which is always nice to have my tank get its cycle off to a good and quick start.

I'll take more pics tomorrow after I introduce the rest of the rock so you can see how thats turning out.

When I looked at the 2nd pic,I was gonna ask why you was standing on top your tank.But now I know it was just your britches hangin over it.:D
That'll make a nice little reef.

When I looked at the 2nd pic,I was gonna ask why you was standing on top your tank.But now I know it was just your britches hangin over it.:D

Exactly what I thought too! I was like, "Maybe he is testing the structural integrity of the lid?" :lol:

Cool,congrats!You have everything in one place-laptop,gaming systems,tv,fish tank.You will never have to leave the room.LOL.

Why do you have pants hung on the wall?

Why do you have pants hung on the wall?

lol because theyre raw denim and i kinda like to show them off.

when you unload 250$+ on a pair of denim, tendency is to push it to the limits.

from left to right are, APC, Naked and Famous, and then 2 pairs of Nudies.

So...you buy really expensive pants, not to wear them, but to hang them on the wall? HUH? :lol: I don't think I've ever spent more than $60 on a pair of jeans.

ahah yeah pretty much. theres a lot to them though, it really ends up paying off. the ones on the far right ive had for 3 years now and they look and fit like theyre brand new. the only forums im on are reef forums, and denim forums haha

Back