kh through the roof

Its always a good idea to at least test everything when you first open a new bucket.
That way you pretty much know what you got.

Mix up a few gals with the new salt and test it. The problem with ReefCrystals was a year or so ago (maybe even longer), some of the batches had low calcium. Some batches were lower in ca than Instant Ocean.

i mixed up a new batch of reef crystals using r/o and did a 10 gallon water change my dkh has come down to 15 and magnesium droped to 1100 from 1300 my alkalinity went from 7 to five and calcium droped to 420 from 450 so it looks like its more water changes -i have always used reef crystals and had no problems

i always test the water from the shop i buy from and and the salt mix is always the same 420 calcium and no nitrates or phosphates thats why i have used them since i began marines

i use ready mixed salt from my marine shop the calcium levels are 420

i mixed up a new batch of reef crystals using r/o...i have always used reef crystals and had no problems

i always test the water from the shop i buy from and and the salt mix is always the same 420 calcium and no nitrates or phosphates thats why i have used them since i began marines
I'm confused...lol
Do you buy premixed saltwater or do you use Reef Crystals? Or little of both?

i mixed up a new batch of reef crystals using r/o and did a 10 gallon water change my dkh has come down to 15 and magnesium droped to 1100 from 1300 my alkalinity went from 7 to five and calcium droped to 420 from 450 so it looks like its more water changes -i have always used reef crystals and had no problems

you also say that they "dropped" but the numbers you posted all indicate a rise in the levels

Back