kh?

Nic

Reefing newb
what does it mean when my aquarium person tells me to have the kh tested and to add 8 to 10 drops?!? I'm confused

KH is another word for alkalinity. As for the drops, I don't know -- that could either refer to the process of testing the alkalinity, or adding something if the alkalinity is too low. You should test your alkalinity first, before you add anything to your tank to change it.

thank you for the answer ... she was referring to someone else testing the water at another store... i would never add a supplement without testing first ;) thank you again!!

Most stores will be able to test alkalinity for you. But you can also buy a test kit and do it yourself. If it is low, you may have to add something to raise it up -- that's a very common problem in this hobby.

I had purchased a starfish at another store which died :( and they wanted me to bring in a water sample with the body to see if my tank killed him. So I went to my regular store (I trust her with everything) and had her test it first, just so I know what my levels are and can't have him lie or cheat me....

Back