KillerChimps New 20Gallon

Ya i have one Koralia nano, a small internal filter and a HOB AquaClear 30 that im going to turn into a refugium sometime soon. From looking at the algae moving around on the rocks it looks like pretty good flow, but i know im going to replace the internal filter with another Nano eventually.

haha o I will, i think im just starting my diatom phase ha, yesterday i had some redish brown fuzzy stuff on the rocks as well but I have not seen any of it today.

I just ran some tests
PH- 8.2 Has always been 8.2-8.4
Ammonia- 2.0 Second straight day at 2.0
Nitrite - .25 First sign of any Nitrite
Nitrate - 5.0
Salinty/SG- 1.023

I guess im a little confused i thought it was suppsed to go Ammonia-Nitrite then Nitrate. And for the last 3 tests i have had some level of Nitrate show up.

haha o I will, i think im just starting my diatom phase ha, yesterday i had some redish brown fuzzy stuff on the rocks as well but I have not seen any of it today.

I just ran some tests
PH- 8.2 Has always been 8.2-8.4
Ammonia- 2.0 Second straight day at 2.0
Nitrite - .25 First sign of any Nitrite
Nitrate - 5.0
Salinty/SG- 1.023

I guess im a little confused i thought it was suppsed to go Ammonia-Nitrite then Nitrate. And for the last 3 tests i have had some level of Nitrate show up.

not confused, thats the order, I suspect some of the new rock was partially cycled and in the nitrate producing mode

Update, Well the tank has been set up for about 5 weeks now. The tank full cycled about the middle of January and I added some CUC. I started with 5 Cerith snails, and 5 dwarf Hermits and somehow they also gave me a large Hermit. We'll about a week in I was down to 2 cerith snails and so back to the LFS the large guy went. A week later I bought 2 Astraea snails and 3 Nassarius snails. I also had a Red Eye Reef crab that killed 2 of my hermits, but I did get him out and well he died on the way to the LFS. Exactly 1 week ago I got my first 2 fish, some True Perculas. I also added a green birdsnest and frogspawn corals. Well heres the best part PICS!
IMG_2116.jpg

Clowns1.jpg

IMG_2009small.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

Lots O Pods
IMG_1998small.jpg

I welcome all feedback! :^:

Wow so much tank drama in such a short period of time already! :lol:

I'm glad you got your crab situation sorted out sooner rather than later. Your clowns look wonderful, as do your corals! And I love the aquacaping. If I were you, I'd move the frogspawn off of the sand. The areas that are sitting on the ground will be prone to infection.

ha yeah it was a mini war zone in there for awhile. And ok thanks for the tip, yeah I put it there next to where the clowns sleep in hope that they might host with it, no luck yet though.

I'd be careful trying to get the clowns to host it... it looks a little small and frogspawns don't take too well to abuse...

ok but since I got it off the sand and onto a rock it seems to almost have doubled in size and seems pretty happy now. And the clowns have not showed any interest in it all, they just love their little corner where they made there bed haha

Hey killerchimp i also have a 20 long. Look at the aquaticlife interal mini skimmer 115. Its around 80 bucks here. It has worked great since i have had it, pulled tons of guck out it doesnt take up much room either. Theres one little mod i had to make for it but it was simple and works flawlessly now.

Alright thanks washburn, ill keep it in mind!

And heres some new pics of my new friends, after my damsel killed one of my clowns the other day i brought him back and got some new friends for my last remaining guy.

Fishies.jpg

Fishy.jpg

Back