Kman's tank

Well, my hospital tank is done cycling, so now i'm going to work on some stuff in the garage, maybe set up my hospital tank out there and get some plumbing done to make it more effecient, also going to get some corals in there.

Well it's been a bit since i've posted some updates so here we go.. I got some corals in and they look beautiful here are some pictures.
l0VLP.jpg

Sigwo.jpg

iha4f.jpg

1CAna.jpg

PCKX6.jpg

MLrxQ.jpg

So a couple of events that happend recently, 1.. My anemone decided to take a stroll and get stuck in my power head, After surgically cutting the piece of my powerhead for him to come off he is now stressed and grumped to all get out.. My Yellow tang that I was babysitting has a new home in the Oregon Marine Biology Institutes Reef Tank, it's about a 3000 gallon and beautiful. I did some aquascaping which you will see above, then i've also updated my chemistry levels.. Although i've been battling algae like a champ i've been managing doing my water changes and syphoning gunk.

Updated Chemistry:

Calcium: 500
Alk: 8dKH
Phosphate: 0ppm
Nitrates: 5.0ppm
Salinity: 1.024
Temp: 79.4

Well my new lights came in and FedEx dropped the heck out of it, the bulbs were intact but the ballasts inside broke from the brackets and ripped up all the wires.. After I restripped and cut everything , reconnected with new connectors it works but I am filing a claim against FedEx

Well I installed my new lights after I ended up rebuilding it - 2 Days after running them my tank is now green/red/brown with every color of algae you can think of. :( Any advice?

Back