KZ Fiji Purple T5 Bulbs

I used to use the Fiji Purple, but have since switched to the ATI Purple Plus because it gives the same look and has much higher PAR output.

T5s are nice because they are made to be able to mix and match to make every tank look unique. What I like may not be what you like, so the wide variety of bulbs allowe people to customize the colors.

I don't think it's a good idea to use all of one kind of bulb. The tank would just look weird.

If you have 4 T5 bulbs as well as your MH, you should run 2 True Actincs, 1 Blue Plus, and 1 Purple. With just your T5's on, you will see alot of purple. Once your MH turn on, they will wash it out.

I run 4 blue plus with my MH but about to change that to have one ATI Purple.
Not sure if I'll like it though because my MH is a little on the white side and needs the blue supplementation.

My T5's are running with my dual 250 watt MH bulbs. I'm using Phoenix 14K bulbs and mine is not overly blue at all, least not in my opinion. With only the T5 bulbs lite, I see a huge pop in color from the purple bulb, but once the MH come on, it all blends nicely.

Back