Large Red Carpet

SonicGT02

Reefing newb
The person that I have gotten most of my tank corals and fish has a LARGE Red Carpet Anemone for sale. He has stated that he has tried to get them for 12yr, with this being the first he has gotten. He has sent me pictures and the foot looks like a tree trunk! In the past I had a Blue Carpet Anemone, but lost it in my tank crash years ago. Would there be any differencein the Red versus the Blue Anemone in the care of? From what I've found online, the $499 he is asking is low for this large of one. Any advise??

Color doesnt indicate species, which would be the difference between the two carpets you are talking about. But I would really love to see a picture of this thing! And then we can try and establish a speceies too.

Not sure about the price thing though

I'll post 2 of the pics that he sent me. I really want to buy it, but just trying to justify the price and the room I'm going to have to make for it. :D

Attachments

• Red Carpet.jpg
    Red Carpet.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 423
  • IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 447
What else do you have in your tank?
With carpets,especially large Carpets,decide if your willing to loose your fish.
When it comes to carpet anemones,it's usually not a matter of IF it'll eat the other tank inhabitants, it a matter of WHEN.

I've already had a large carpet before and it never ate any of my fish. If this one did, I would choose it over the fish :D I'm just waiting to hear back from the guy now to see if it is mine or not. I guess I'm going to have to sell off some of my corals to make room for him. This waiting is killing me!!

Well the verdict is in and I didn't get the Red Carpet :grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:
I think I'm going to still start selling off some of my corals and then start looking for another carpet.

everything happens for a reason, but damn that thing is sweet... I'm waiting for a "New red carpet" thread

Back