lawn mower blenny

akfirefighter

FrozenReefer
I was at the LFS and noticed a lawnmower blenny. Does anyone have one or no much about them? I was interested in renting one from the LFS for hair algea control will they hurt other fish?

i like mine, they like hair algae. Good fish gets along with all my fish i got pseodochromis, wrasse, clownfish, and tangs, gobies. i like the others like bicolor blenny and i had one that was all black but death by carpet surfing.

i like mine, they like hair algae. Good fish gets along with all my fish i got pseodochromis, wrasse, clownfish, and tangs, gobies. i like the others like bicolor blenny and i had one that was all black but death by carpet surfing.

Do they starve if there is not enough hair algea to eat or will they eat normal food too? My hair algea is starting to die off after a long battle so I would hate to buy one if that is all they eat. You can rent one for 15 or buy one for 20. Not sure what I should do.

They don't usually eat hair algae. What they DO it is the film algae on the glass and rocks, the brown stuff. They leave little kiss marks all over it. They also looove eating dried seaweed sheets, so if you don't think you have enough food for it in your tank, you can supplement its feeding with seaweed. They will also eat mysis. I love my lawnmower blenny, they have awesome personalities.

I had one that thought it was a cow.It would pick any kind of algae untill it was all gone.
He went carpet surfing to though.

Well I went ahead and got one last night. He was pretty shy at first but now he seems to be enjoying himseslf, although he doesnt like my hawkfish very much. He moved right in and kicked the hawk off his rock that he had been perched on since he was put in the tank. hopefully they will start to get allong better.

Lawnmower blenny or sand-sifting goby will be the first fish I add to my tank after I'm all finished cycling it. I think lawnmowers are very cool to watch...lots of character.

I Have A Diamond......newest Addition...and He Is A Jumper !!!! But Very Cool To Watch He Builds A New Home Every Couple Hours...

Back