LED lights for Biocube

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
I'm looking to upgrade my 14g biocube to include some LED's. I'd like to have some corals without having to worry about light. What would people recommend for a solution? I like the kit from nanotuners but it is rather expensive and some other light may be more beneficial because it could adapt to another aquarium somehow. What do you think?

This looks like a pretty cheap alternative. Do these really work? Can you keep anything underneath them? Also do they look pretty yellow? Can you get a pure white or bluish color from these?

Yes, if you search google you'll find plenty of smaller tanks that use these - the best part is they screw right into a standard light socket. I saw one where they used a few of these over a 4 ft tank and modified shades from IKEA to hide the bulbs - it was all art deco and awesome looking

Ecoxotic PAR38 LED Aquarium Lights

BoostLED is also having a sale on the current generation of their bulbs in anticipation of releasing new stuff:
PAR30 LED Reef Lamps by BoostLED?

The ones from BoostLED come in all kinds of different colors. You can find some information about them here
http://reefbuilders.com/2010/08/20/boostled-offering-discount-generation-par30-led-reef-lamps/

These definitely work, but I'm sure there are cheap Chinese knock offs on ebay right now sold as 'grow lights' 'plant lights' etc. Stay away from that crap and buy something decent - you wont be dissapointed

Last edited:
Wow these look great! Thanks a lot for the link I think I'm definitely going to give this a shot...beats the $350 kit from nanotuners any day and I can just add to it to use on a bigger aquarium later!

What do you recommend for color and degree?

Back