LED question

Sportspa

Reefing newb
I am having a large 300 gallon custom Salt Tank with some Live Rock and Live Sand added. Is LED Lighting the way to go? We want the tank to have the natural blue look. Also, where is the best place to purchase LED Lighting? Thanks so much in advance!

Bob

Led's are the future of reef lighting imo...they have some fixtures that you can adjust the intensity and kelvin rating. It's best to do your research on a different ones. I believe the illuminati's are the best on the market. I personally have the Ecoray 60D led over my system, and they are super bright.

I like aquailluminations SOL Blue. It is a modular device so there is potential for new modules when better or different LEDs come out so you can upgrade in the future. You will probably need at least 5-7 modules for that size tank.

I like aquailluminations SOL Blue. It is a modular device so there is potential for new modules when better or different LEDs come out so you can upgrade in the future. You will probably need at least 5-7 modules for that size tank.

I second this. I have 3 of these units over my 180, and I'm very pleased with them. The new fixtures coming from Ecotech Marine look very promising as well. Do your research, and ask questions here - there are a lot of low quality Chinese knock off fixtures out there right now trying to capitalize on the hype and the popularity of LED's.

You'd need one AI Sol fixture for each 2x2 section of your tank (my standard footprint 180 has 3 2x2 squares) What are the dimensions of your tank?

Look into the EcoTech Radion LEDs.
They are the latest and greatest. Full rgb spectrum, completely modular for upgrades as technology improves, and they communicate wirelessly with the Vortech EcoSmart controllers to simulate storms, sunrise/sunset, lunar patterns, etc.

If you have the cash, i'd recommend at least including these in your research. Pre-orders are being taken now.

Back