led

I think we were just talking about this in another thread and im pretty sure the conclusion was that they werent good enough for anything beyond basic softies

I think we were just talking about this in another thread and im pretty sure the conclusion was that they werent good enough for anything beyond basic softies

That is the Marineland LEDs.

I think the Maxspect LEDs are good enough to keep anything. We have several members that are using LEDs -- I'm sure one of them will chime in soon.

I just moved over to cree LED's. If you have enough "electrical" ability and knowledge I strongly recommend buying a DIY kit and building your own strands. I just replaced my PC's with 12 Cree xp-g LEDS ( I plan on buying another 12 soon). Needless to say, I am now a HUGE LED fan. The colors, brightness and ripple effect are 100% better than my PC lights. I was keeping a clam with my PC's(bad I know) and now, just after a week, my clam is twice as pretty and much "happier" looking with the Cree LED's. Also, if you DIY, cost can be significantly cheaper with LED's. Through Rapid LED, it's around $100 per 12 LED kit.

Ive done quite a bit of reseach on them. There are ALOT of maxspect owners on reef central. Id say they are MORE than capable to grow ANY coral. Id shoot ya a link but im lazy....i almost bought a maxspect fixture myself but then decided i like t5's better and bought a ATI T5 fixture...

Back